Monday, April 26, 2010

Nurture Your Inner Child - You Deserve Your Love

Dear Lovers!

Nurture yourself. You are a valuable human being created by God and there is no other like you! You have to stand up for that child that never got the love it deserved. Visualize yourself at five years of age. Look how cute and innocent you were. How can you not love that child!




You are not alone. Millions of adults grew up in abandoned, abused, and neglected homes. Most of the time our parents did the best they could under the circumstances. Sometimes they were just too selfish or sick to care. We all have our gripes and wish things could have been different. I understand; I came from a very dysfunctional family. The good news is that there is hope!


One day I was going through some pictures of myself and found a cute picture. I looked so shy in my adorable cowgirl outfit. I know why I was so shy and I felt sorry for that little girl that was so cute. She was made to be too responsible at such an early age. So, I decided to adopt her and help her overcome her fears. I decided that it was possible to teach her that she could to do anything. It has been and is a long journey but a necessary one for her growth.





Every day I talk to her just like she was my own child. I show her how to do things and I praise her for a good job done. I encourage her to do things on her own, take risks and take baby steps. I encourage her to fail forward and reward her when she does well. I teach her how to embellish her life and make everything beautiful. I explain to her it is okay to fail.



I teach her how to cook, eat well, exercise and take care of her body. I give her special treats of ice cream and cookies occasionally in order to not feel deprived. Godiva chocolates are a special treat when we go to the mall. She is learning how to breathe properly through yoga and tone her body, walk as much as possible and use weights to keep her body in shape.

She is becoming more spiritual and much wiser. She travels the earth God creates so she can experience nature and its' beauty. She is learning how to enjoy the now and stay away from the past or the future by focusing on Gods' creations. Travel is bringing her so close to her maker; a loving father.



That little girl is given permission to play hard after her work was done. She is allowed to play with her animals. She loves to go go the park and the zoo. She is enjoying all the animals she loves. I buy her new outfits. She now plays the piano. Her dreams are beginning to come true. Her broken spirit is beginning to thrive.

I teach her about personal development. She improves her skills in spite of extreme resistance from family and friends. She even graduated from college. She successfully retired after supporting herself and her family. She grows more and more independent. She works hard to stay true to her own heart. Now she volunteers doing what she loves. She is fulfilling her childhood dreams. Every thing she wants to do in life she is accomplishing. She creates new dreams. She is becoming a successful Entrepreneur.



Friends and relatives reject her for her beliefs. They call her frivolous, selfish and ungrateful because she is not like them. They lie and gossip to others about her and never give her the chance to prove herself. They assume she will fail. They want her to be like them; like everyone else. When she apologizes for making mistakes or failing, her apologies are not accepted. They punish her through isolation. People keep telling her what to do but she just follows her heart... They get mad at her when she does not follow their advice. However, they can not take care of themselves.

This little girl never hurts or lies to anyone intentionally. She does the best she knows how; just like everyone else. She is honest, faithful, and forgiving; not only to others, but now to herself. Prayers of forgiveness flow abundantly from her heart; in spite of the rejection she receives. She still honors those who reject her. She treats them as valuable people but limits her time with those who oppose her beliefs or mistreat her. She is eternally grateful to those who have helped her overcome her handicaps and added value to her life; especially God.

She now surrounds herself with like minded people. She takes great leaps of faith with God as her inspiration. She is now living in the present instead of the past or the future. Others of great presence and value are coming into her life. She attracts and becomes attracted to people who valued her as a human being. They accept her gifts of service. People no longer belittle her, control her, try to pick arguments with her or tease her. She no longer accepts the abuse. Her soul mate appeared out of nowhere; someone who truly values her and cares about her; a soul mate that knows her past, grew up with her and accepts her for who she is.

Yes, that little girl has more boundaries to set, more growing up to do and some demons to destroy; most everyone does. However, she is staying true to herself and her maker. That does not mean that she does not make mistakes. She is learning discernment through failures. She is becoming more committed, more disciplined, and has more integrity. She is no longer blaming anyone for her failures. She understands why people are the way they are. Her self esteem is improving and she now looks people in the eye. She is comfortable with who she is and is sleeping well with herself at night.



I take a stand for her and I am parenting her well. She is a coach, a friend, a leader, a mentor and beautiful inside and out. I still visualize that picture wearing my cowgirl outfit and I still give her all the love she deserves as a valuable human being every single day. She and I still have challenges to overcome. My adopted little girl helps me to become a better person and a patient teacher. I smile knowing I am overcoming many obstacles because of this this little child I saw in that picture. That inner child is me.
Stand up for yourself and parent your inner child. Find a picture of yourself that you love. Tape it to your computer or your mirror in the bathroom. Nurture and adopt yourself. Your past is not who you are. You are a valuable human being so give yourself the love you deserve. You can do it! I did. Take a leap of faith. It will feel uncomfortable at first. Then you will become You. You have only one life to live. My wish for you is to "live the life you love, powerfully". So nurture and love your inner child and you will love yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment